Elegy for String Orchestra is available in digital format.
$9- Buy Now
Score + Parts will be sent as PDF.
Elegy for String Orchestra was composed by César Avilés over the course of one year, being finished in the summer of 2015. The piece takes the listener through the stages of losing a loved one unexpectedly; it was written in memory of the composer’s mother.
The composition begins by setting the atmosphere of the tragic event. A sorrow section follows presenting the first theme with high weeping strings. This theme transitions through contemplative harmonies into an angry forte (the loudest section of the piece). The music proceeds to a meditative segment in which the memory of the lost one is echoed. A peaceful and serene ascent is then presented in the final part of the piece. The elegy concludes with an ambience of acceptance and hope.
What problem does this piece solve?
Elegy is excellent for practicing different positions (all instruments).
At 13 minutes it's a standalone piece. This piece blends well with romantic, tonal, and the like.
Difficulty: Grade 5 ASTA GRADING SYSTEM
Duration: 13 minutes
Fastest Tempo :♩= 80
Fastest Figure: 16th
Meters: (2/4) (3/4) (4/4) (4/2) (2/2)
Key: E minor with few accidentals
Constant use of: Ritardando, Accelerando, Divisi, trills, Fermata.
What you get...
- Immediate access to the sheet music (Score and Parts in PDF) to print out.
- Mp3 of the piece performed by my Cinematics Strings samples.
- String Orchestra Music composed by a string teacher.
- Plenty of space to write on score and parts.
- Engaging music for students and audiences.
- Effective bowings and fingerings.
- Educational material to help your students level up.
- The rights to print the sheet music more than once.
- Unlimited support.
- 100% Money Back Guaranteed.
I live on the other side of your monitor. Feel free to contact me.
Elegy for String Orchestra is copyrighted by the composer, César Aviles and published by Titoshack Publishers.
Elegy for String Orchestra is registered with ASCAP.